What's a capsule bed? It's best shown, not described:
That's it. Think of it as a bunk bed room.
So mine was the top bunk - which I'm never going to get again. Well, at least I will request a lower bed. I think I'm 10 years older and 100lbs fatter than their standard guest. Every move I made was telegraphed with a woody groan. How fun it was to be reminded like that. The most fun part of the bed was that I had to make it myself. Yes. I had to make it myself which consisted of hanging on those tiny stairs and trying my best to drape one sheet across the mattress pad. I don't think I was that successful, but I am very lucky in one thing: when I booked, I couldn't book consecutive evenings in the same room, so I get another bed tonight! The bad news: I have to check out then check back in two more times. Today and then again Monday. Not exactly good planning on my part.
Back to the sleeping arrangements:
The bed itself is a futon style foam mattress, which I can't really comment on the comfort level, because I was so very exhausted it didn't matter. Did I mention that I slept for 13 hours?
Anyway, if you want to know what it would be like to reside in a very spacious version of your coffin. Try a capsule bed!!
It has it's own sliding door for privacy, a couple of outlets, nice little shelf for my stuff. It's actually more spacious than I expected from first look.
On second thought, I should have done a panorama. That would have been a good idea. But maybe I'd take up most of the picture.
Anyway, I woke up early and showered around 2:30am. I don't know if I'm going to continue with that schedule, but I woke myself up by smelling like sweat and airplane. Okay, I'm embellishing - I just woke up and felt gross and decided to shower before I ran into anyone. And then back to sleep. Sweet, sweet sleep.




No comments:
Post a Comment