Friday, June 13, 2014

Lost again. Naturally. (Walking around Kyoto) REPOST with editorial

Sorry about this, last night was terribly exhausted and instead of saving as a draft as I was supposed to, I published. Oops. So, if you looked at this before, hopefully the changes and verbiage can put some of the pictures into context. Or confuse you more. Whichever. 
I had been walking the Philosopher's path in the Northern Higayashi district of Kyoto, when I spotted this cafe/shop. Haha! They also seemed to be selling food styled as Native American. Funny! 
I saw this cafe menu board and giggled uncontrollably to myself. I'd definitely like to have a capricious salad. If it would have me. 
By the way, I immediately got god smacked for this, because, little did I know at the time, but this is the last time I actually knew where I was for the next two hours.  So I wandered around, looking at stuff, blissfully unaware that I was heading in the opposite direction than I intended. 

In one store, I spotted this ad depicting what I think Bruce Willis does on his off days. 
I like how American celebrities are on random ads around here. 
So At this point in time, I started expecting to cross a river - and continued expecting to do so for the next 30 mins of walking. No river. No body of water. Nada. I
Now I realize that I'm completely lost. Good times. I had put my phone into airplane mode before I started on the Philosopher's Path, because I was down to less than 20% battery. Whoops. (I started my day at 5:30am, so at this point in time, I've already been up and walking almost 9 hours.). So I risk completely draining both my phone and my personal wifi hotspot, and find out 
That I'm at the top red star instead of where I thought I was, the bottom red star. Yeah. You and me both. Crap. 
So I reorient myself, target the best landmark - the river - and start walking towards it. 

Boom. Made it. 
Oh yes. I was very happy. My hostel is pretty close to the river, but is almost 4 miles south of where I first connect with the river. Oi vey. 

Luckily, my erroneous turn allowed me to see some stuff I normally wouldn't have. 
Like this crazy green Karmann Ghia!! ❤️

And the tiny stream that runs along the river. 

And more importantly, this Beevus and Butthead moment. Huhhh uhhhh heh. 

I think I neglected to mention that starting Friday morning, I started to get a tickle in the back of my throat. I didn't want to have a cold ruin my vacation, so I picked up a bottle of medicine at the pharmacy. 
It better work. These 45 pills -or- 15 doses was 1200 yen or $12. I pay that much money. I expect a miracle. 
Nap. 
Dinner. 

VoilĂ . Dinner of grocery store fried tofu and udon. Made lovingly in this hostel's kitchen. 


Omg. It hurts my feet looking at this picture!!
You can clearly see nap time.  Oh man. I like naps. 





No comments:

Post a Comment