Sunday, June 8, 2014

Harajuku to Shibuya to Yoyogi

Hi all. I'm kinda tired today - I've been attempting to recount my daily adventure at least one time per day, but I've failed that at least once :-/ sorry folks. 
So after Harajuku, I walked south to Shibuya to check out the peeps. 

Lo and behold!! Tower Records still stands!!!

Since my search for the veg Harajuku restaurant, which Paul McCartney reportedly frequents while in JP, went bust, I was still hungry after my iced chai tea soy latte. So I found a nice department store grocery section and perused it both out of curiosity and hunger. 
Jackpot. The best cherry tomatoes I've ever eaten. 
...and, meh, the bread was okay. I think JP imports wheat, so considering it's not native, pretty good. 
And now for some panoramic shots of Shibuya. 
If you're wondering what the black pixels are, I didn't hold the camera phone steady enough for the panoramic stitcher to have a complete picture. I was supposed to edit that before posting, but meh, whatevah. 
I kinda like how things which are moving are totally distorted. You, on the other hand, may find it a bit queasy. 

I'm not sure why I took this picture. But hello umbrellas!!

On the train back to my hostel, technically at the Yoyogi station, there was this poster.  I immediately thought of my Foxridge roomies!!!!
If you're wondering, I was always Kinopio. 

Rainbow road secret jump rules!!!!

Okay. Sorry. Getting kind of nostalgic since I've seen a couple of college friends on this trip. 

I took this last picture for my little bro. 

I crawled back to my new capsule bed room (similar to the original you already know and love, but new and improved! with less squeaking!!!), met a happy 23yr old traveler and heard her life story, then ate my rice ball, showered and went to bed. 

Fin.





No comments:

Post a Comment