Thursday, June 12, 2014

Diving right into Kyoto

Hey all. Last we talked, I think I skipped a post and went straight to my morning after in Kyoto.

Here's what you missed.  

I had no prepared bento, so this was my lunch :-(

And this is what I'd look like if I could sleep on trains. 
 
Over four hours later and I'm in Kyoto and naturally hungry. So thanks Happy Cow for pointing me to a restaurant close to the Kyoto station!
Salute was a 10 minute walk from the station. Well, if you knew where you were going, it would probably be 5minutes. 

Luckily, I didn't dine alone that night. 
Señor Frog joined me at my table. Actually, he just stared at me eating. I was a little unnerved at first, but got used to it. 

And I had a nice vegetable curry with macro rice (and aduki beans, I think) and side salad. It was yummy. I told the lady that it was the best thing I had all day. She responded, "but you're eating very early!"  True to form, I returned "I haven't had any real food today, just a kiwi." And then she laughed. Whew. 

On to the hostel! (Will update with pictures of the hostel later)

No comments:

Post a Comment