Monday, June 9, 2014

My first last night in Tokyo

Hey all. So after walking around Akihabara in an attempt to identify some souvenirs to grab on my way back out (I'm staying again in Tokyo for my last 2 nights in Japan), I had planned to walk to a known strict vegetarian (vegan) chain - Loving Hut. I probably could have planned better as I walked a long way to get there. 
But I took the time to see some of the character and charm of small Tokyo neighborhoods. 
I like how throw building has an old school feel next to a modern building. 
I'm assuming this is the Buddha who likes darts. 
So at this point in time, it starts to get a little rainy, but nothing I can't handle without an umbrella. 
Oh boy, I'm a street away from the restaurant and the clouds open up. Oi. So I take shelter in the entryway of an apartment building and wait for it to lessen. Nope. 10minutes pass. Still raining hard! So I make a run for it. And still end up soaked. 
But I was starving, so onto the food!!!!

The dim sum plate. 

With Chinese-style dumplings. 

Yum. It was as good as it looked!!

The other dumpling- good, but not as good as the other one. 

And what seems to be a jelly made from tea. It grew on me!!







No comments:

Post a Comment