Hello there!! I'm typing this up on a bus to sun moon lake outside of Taichung, so I need to be brief lest I barf.
The first morning in Taiwan and I'm out and about by 8:30. Unfortunately, nothing is open at that time, so I spent the morning wandering around, looking for a replacement charging cable for my phone. Which is more like "Pemma finds an electronics store and wanders a mile radius (or more) of said store until it opens at 11am. "
Here are some photos of that little adventure.
View from park near my friend's place.
A chicken whom I befriended in the park. Who am I kidding, he was staring at me with murder in his eyes. Let's call him Murder Chicken. The first.


A cool sculpture made from the cables that helped create the tower. Or elevator cables from the first doomed elevator. Just kidding. Thinking about alternate storylines that are more interesting.

I like water and fountains. This one was particularly fetching.

View from a pedestrian overpass close to the convention center.

Back at my friends place where I ran to escape the monsoonal rain.
Later that evening after vegging out watching TV instead of a more necessary nap, my friend and I went to a veggie hot pot place. Think of it as Do-it-yourself soup and some sides.

My sides which were so delicious that I didn't realize the first mock sushi roll was wrapped in plastic. Let's say I needed more roughage?

And the soups with our added vegetables and tofu! Totally awesome!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment