Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Not much to say - Tokyo part 2

I'm back in Tokyo after a late start at 9:30am from Nara. With all the train hopping, I make it to Tokyo around 1:30pm, which still allows me time to wander and get a couple of gifts. [By the way, I am not spending 1500 yen ($15) on a new USB / lightning charger cable when I'm not sure if it's my phone or the plug. I have my chopstick solution for now.] unfortunately, the hostel I pick for the last two nights is far from a JR station. :-( yeah, totally big frowny face situation. I was totally spoiled by Khaosan Tokyo Ninja. 
Anyway, the 3/4 mile walk with the now 40lb pack was further and hotter than I had expected, but i made it there before official check-in, so no lying around, mister! I ended up walking to Asakusa and then to Akihabara. I think I pretty much saw everything the first go around, which made this evening's trot a bit boring. But boring is okay after a 4hr train ride and when you're evidently still fighting that tickle in the back of your throat. 

Here are some pictures from today: 
On the Shinkansen from Kyoto to Tokyo. That's my "I'm ready to leave" face. 

Hahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahaha. I thought I'd share this with you all because I love it. The cat is cooking!!

Any One Piece fans in thah hizz-ouse?whut whut?

Kickin' it old school. If I had any of these systems I would have considered searching through these baskets. But nope, I downsized a couple of years ago. 

And that brings us to the hostel at which I'm staying. 
It's a bar. No it's a hostel. Oh wait, it's a bar and hostel. 
My digs for the next couple of days. 

Want to feel like a college student again? Go sleep in a hostel!!  
Want to feel like the old grump you really are again? Go to the common room where all the youngsters are hanging out and talking loudly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment